Thursday 17 March 2011

A view on Google Docs

Sounds a powerful device to share tools that are easily accessible, but the value is only there if they work perfectly every time.

I uploaded a Powerpoint presentation, but was slightly less than impressed since a couple of the Clip Art images had moved across the page.  Doesn't sound much, but they were obscuring some of the data and one had flipped itself upside down.  I would not be happy to give a presentation which contained such gliches, nor would I wish to share one in my name that was flawed this way.

So nice idea, nice try, but not really for me, particularly as I would have concerns about the security of my data and speed/reliability of internet access.  For now, I am happier with a laptop for mobility.

No comments:

Post a Comment